Growth in emerging market route networks, replacement of aging legacy fleets, and the introduction of increasingly fuel-efficient aircraft support the industry’s long-term growth outlook. Even as global fleets expand over the coming decade, investors evaluating market and asset performance do so in an industry prone to cyclical dynamics.
CSP maintains a robust commercial aviation advisory practice, supporting U.S., European, and Middle Eastern private equity clients and strategic investors throughout the M&A cycle. We are known for independent counsel that is grounded in a rigorous assessment of the outlook for commercial transport and business aviation markets. We have unparalleled experience across the full range of product and service segments and are active throughout all tiers of the supply chain. Representative focus areas include aerostructures, aeroengine components, avionics, aircraft interiors, airport services, and the full range of aftermarket hardware and services.
In recent years, we have advised on transactions with aggregate enterprise value of more than $25 billion, including:
- Bridgepoint in its acquisition of Element, a leading provider of materials testing services
- GKN in its acquisition of Fokker Industries
- AE Industrial Partners in its acquisition of Moeller Aerospace
- The Blackstone Group in its acquisition of MB Aerospace
- Liberty Hall Capital Partners in its acquisitions of AIM Aerospace and Bromford Aerospace